22 August-Breaking the ice and rolling on two wheels

Today, I managed another milestone; I used my bicycle to go to work. It isn't very far just 2 km away. There is a little hill to climb half way through. I didn't plan to cycle, it just happens. As I was getting ready to go to work my son asked me to help fix his bicycle. While doing this I decided to give it go, I have been training a few times on the turbo and I thought I was ready, and the weather was fine... So I climb on the bike, pedal. Yes, the hill is short but tough enough...but it felt so good to be back on the saddle. Next week-end if the weather is good, I should try the road bike. Hurrah 😃

Otherwise, not much is changing. I am still battling with a swollen foot. So as a result, I am not doing any calf raises. So I am not doing much specific exercises, but a bit with the elastic band. At least, I can train few times a week on the bike trainer, and I swim also 2 or 3 times a week. Fitness wise I can start to see some benefits,

That's all for now, while the foot is swollen rehab plans for running are on hold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13 August-Didn't meet expectations

10 December-Getting there